Everything was my favorite

I just wanted to share pictures from this special day. I am way behind on blogging. Sometimes I blog in my head because I am too sleepy to post. Trust me, I have at least 10 posts in my head on France/Italy. (Too bad I am comparing thinking to blogging, right?) Nevertheless, I wanted to share pictures and thoughts from this special day. AB started her first day of Kindergarten today. Today, I remembered the first day I started teaching, two years ago. Two years ago, I didn't get to take her to school, nor could I pick her up. For two years, my wonderful husband made two lunches everyday, dressed two every morning (three if you include that he dressed himself, too). Oh, I guess now I have to add that sometimes Josh even let J. Ross sleep in his next day's outfit. He thinks this is so ingenius. I shudder at the thought. I am sure Josh thought many times (about me), "what she doesn't know can't hurt her." He picked them up (with the help of our sitter) everyday, even when they were at two different schools. He's the babysitter-scheduler, the check book-balancer, the yard mower, and the list goes on. And he's not even a stay-at-home dad. I am so thankful for lots of things: God's provision for our family (constantly!), a pretty sweet job for the past two years, schools where my children love to go...Oh yeah, that reminds me. This was supposed to be about Anna. So, I felt really proud this morning as I drove up the really pretty road to OUR schools. I reminded her that this is the first time I have dropped her off on her first day of school. We both smiled. We talked a little, but mostly just listened to Nickel Creek. We arrived as the bell was ringing to let the children in the door. We quietly walked down the hallway. The tension in her heart started to rise, as I was pretty sure it would. She was quiet when we got to her classroom. We quickly found her special desk, and she asked her teacher if she could have a different color playdough. Sure! So, my little pink-bowed, pink- backpacked, pink- lunchboxed girl got to use pink playdough on her first day of school. What a great teacher. She wasn't sad when I left, and guess what? I wasn't sad either. I wondered to myself if I am a bad mom because I didn't cry on my daughter's first day of kindergarten. I even emailed Josh once I arrived at my school (which is right next door!) to ask him what he thought about me not crying. I could not be more happy. I thought about her a lot today. She rode the big bus from her school to my school. When she got off the bus, she ran to greet me, excited as ever. She told me some stuff, and I asked her what her favorite part of the day was. "Everything was my favorite," she said. I couldn't agree more. Here is a link to some other pictures I took of this special day.

1 comments:

Wow! Sounds like a good year is on the way!! I didn't cry either and I was quite proud of myself too!

Friday, August 22, 2008