Are you happy to me?

As much as I want my son to learn proper grammar, I just don't know if I'm ready to let go of one of his favorite questions. First of all, I've actually thought about this. What would be a better way to say, "Are you happy to me?" Some alternatives might work: Are you happy with me? Or, do you love me? Are you pleased with the thing I just did? No. I don't think any of these convey what J. Ross means. His choice of words is simple, and I understand exactly what he is asking me. In fact, Josh and I have started talking this way. You know, I let you sleep in this morning - are you happy to me? I made coffee this morning - are you happy to me? So, if anybody has any ideas of a better way for us to speak, I am open to suggestions. As for now, however, I will stick with being happy to J. Ross.

P.S. I am trying to figure out how to link to a flickr slideshow of our trip to Eureka Springs. Until then, here are some pictures taken on the property where we stayed.





























2 comments:

Jana said...

Hi Kerri! Thanks for commenting on our blog, and for your prayers. Of course I have heard of you guys from Michael. Your children are awfully sweet-looking. :)

We were at a conference for classical Christian schools this past weekend. :)

Blessings.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008  

Your mom told us last night that you had a blog. So I am reading it at 6:04 am--are you happy to me???

Thursday, July 17, 2008