The tour book
What would we do without the tour book? We bought one tour book in Barnes and Noble (DFW Airport). It was Top 10 Paris, and it was a life saver. Since Paris was our first stop, I carried it onto the airplane after drinking my HUGE frappuccino. Like, I was holding it. I didn't even put it in my backpack - I might have even been reading it as I boarded the plane. Could I BE any more tourist-y? I carried that thing proudly everywhere we went in Paris. This is a picture of Josh brushing up on his French right before getting on the airplane. We were SOOO excited about our trip.












Here I am with my huge frap (no wonder I did not sleep on the flight to Paris).
Josh really was concentrating when I took this picture of him at Barnes and Noble. Funny!


Above is another tour book that guided us through Florence, Lucca, and Siena. When we arrived in Siena, we found that someone had left their Italy tour book in the lobby of our hotel. When we were looking through the book one day, the reception guy said we could just have it! This is great, because in Rome our Tuscany and Paris books would be useless. Here are some pictures of Josh with his nose in the Italy tour book. We loved everything about our trip...but, it was SOO nice when we had a tour book, especially in Rome, where this picture was taken.

Josh and sister Deb in the Pantheon in Rome

Josh in one of the museums
in the Vatican...reading what the
Italy tour book has to say about
the Transfiguration of Christ (Raphael)


Museums/Churches
















Baguettes and other favorites

Josh's favorites included baguettes in Paris, some liquidy vanilla yogurt stuff that he could find in the markets in Paris, and crepes. My favorites - A grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a piece of cheese and a fried egg on top (Paris)...Pizza in Italy...Ravioli in Siena...and Paninis anywhere! Oh, and cappuccino.





















Paris


Paris







Venice

A popular place to eat in Italy - the sidewalk

0 comments: