Stuff

This week, I:

1) Let 60 7th graders create their own personal websites in Current Events class. I have been going crazy trying to keep them from embarrassing me, my school, and themselves. Yikes.

2) am loving the fact that J. Ross tells me he wants "go pedal," when he goes to ride his bicycle, which is really Anna's bicycle. He has been "pedaling" various vehicles for a while now, but, the transformation to pedaling the bicycle was significant enough to change his wording.

3) Made a really cool mix-tape-CD (Michael Scott) that I have been wearing out in my car CD player. On it has: Wailin' Jennys, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, and Nickel Creek.

4) took lots of pictures.

This week's pics

5) prayed for my Grandmother Billie. My parents were in Magnolia/Texarkana, Arkansas this week while my Grandmother was in the hospital. She has been very ill the past three weeks, and the doctors have not been able to pinpoint what it was. She is a breast cancer survivor, and was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia called Hodgkins disease several years ago. She is a trooper, to say the least. Here is the sweetest email I received from my dad on Friday:

Late last night we got the word Mom's lung biopsy was negative...they had taken slices from several troublesome areas and all were negative. The results from the bone marrow biopsy are not due til Monday but the oncologist thinks it will be fine. After 18 days in the hospital, she was released today. Very weak and feeble but home...she has a way to go to be normal but is excited to be home.

Before we left the Magnolia Hospital on Wednesday to go to Texarkana for the cancer tests, my dad said, "Let's pray" and our family circled and held hands in Mom's hospital room as my 81 year old dad prayed the sweetest prayer...as he and Mom embraced following the prayer I just about lost it. A scene that was repeated late last night when we got the good news...

Thanks for your prayers...

David

6) saw The Women.

7) was put on a budget (wasn't I already on one?). :)

8) got a Sam's Club membership.

9) am really excited about the Season Premiere of the Office!

10) am watching the Emmy's.

0 comments: